Expectations

As a member of this Online Book Club, you are expected to post to the book blog at least once per week between now and July 11 -- that's six weeks. You should finish your book before then, and you will meet during the Institute in your groups to extend the discussion and plan how to present the book to the others in the Institute.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Scrimmages (Chapter Four)

Where I teach, sports rule.  Without exaggeration, I can confidently say that ninety percent of my students participate in some sort of sport over the course of the school year.  I felt a little like a mal-placed jigsaw piece, as I fit the crazy-creative-theater-literature teacher to a "t".  Review games became competitions like I had never seen before.  

This is why I love the idea of "scrimmages" for my students (83).  I teach mainly juniors and seniors, so there is less of a need to use long stretches of class time for writing instruction.  It's time for refinement, and teaching them the tips and tricks of college/career writing.  We use OneNote at my school for classroom assignments, so it will be as easy as creating a "tab" in their computer's notebook, and away we go!  This can be an as-needed aspect of my class, and built into my classroom routines.



No comments:

Post a Comment